February 22, 2023
Master customer experience with Shopify and Klaviyo
With so many platforms out there, for both ecommerce websites and email service providers, it can be difficult to choose which one is right for your business. We explore the combined power of Shopify and Klaviyo.
Did you know that according to Salesforce research, 50% of people buy from marketing emails at least once per month?
If you are not using this huge opportunity, or perhaps are not making the most of email as part of your ecommerce marketing, then you are missing out on the chance to grow your customer base, brand awareness, sales and revenue.
Where should you start?
With so many platforms out there, for both ecommerce websites and email service providers, it can be difficult to choose which one is right for your business. With revenue from email estimated to reach almost $11 billion (which is just over £9 billion) by the end of this year, can you really afford to lose out to your competitors?
Coupled with a big opportunity, there is some big (and exciting!) news for two key platforms in particular…
Last year, Shopify invested heavily ($100 million to be precise!) into Klaviyo. This comes following news that Klaviyo and Shopify will strengthen their relationship by recommending Klaviyo as the best email service provider on Shopify’s premium merchant plan, Shopify Plus. They will also get early access to new in-development features, meaning the experience should be seamless when using the two together.
With this innovative development in mind, we have put together this handy guide for integrating the two platforms together to really master the email experience for your customers.
What is Shopify & Shopify Plus?
If you run an ecommerce business, there is a good chance that your website is built on Shopify, or its main competitor WooCommerce on WordPress. Deciding on which article is better suited has long been debated, but Shopify is quickly becoming platform of choice for most. Shopify is a platform that allows businesses to create an online store all from one unified, user-friendly place. It can be used to manage every aspect of your ecommerce business, from the backend operations and frontend design to safe and secure payment options and storing customer information.
Benefits of Shopify include:
- It’s quick and easy to set up.
- Payments are safe and secure.
- There are over 1,600+ Shopify themes and templates, ensuring your website looks the part as well as being fully functional.
- Dropshipping is made simpler with Shopify’s integration with top names like Spocket and Oberlo.
- The platform has an in-house POS which allows you to complete in-person sales and process credit card transactions.
- It has responsiveness at the heart of the platform, meaning your website is fully mobile-friendly which is incredibly important in the world of ecommerce.
- The flexible nature of Shopify allows you to showcase your promotional products and create discount codes.
- Inventory can be managed in one unified solution along with fulfillment and shipping.
Shopify Plus is ‘a customizable enterprise solution, without the high cost of time, money, and development’. A large number of household names (both business and celebrities) are using Shopify Plus, including Nestle, Kylie Jenner, Gymshark and many more.
Benefits of Shopify Plus include:
- In general, it is much more cost-effective when compared to its competitors such as Magento.
- The Wholesale Shopify channel app gives you the ability to create a separate version of your store designed to target wholesale customers. It can be password protected, and allows you to manage customer profiles, orders and track stock levels for both B2B and B2C from the same account.
- You can personalize your checkout by offering custom discount codes, as well as incorporate customer reviews and calculate international taxes or shipping.
- Languages can be set within the theme and include English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Brazilian Portuguese. This is incredibly useful if you sell internationally but don’t want the time and cost often involved with setting up different sites.
- The reporting tools are more comprehensive compared to the standard Shopify plan and open up bigger opportunities for profitable data-driven decision-making.
What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo, to put it simply, is a marketing platform designed to drive ecommerce revenue through email and SMS automation. More than 100,000 companies are currently using it to learn about their customers so that they can deliver relevant and engaging communication.
This platform boasts a wealth of benefits, including:
- Affordable pricing schemes based on the number of customer profiles.
- Automation and segmentation options to meet every business goal
- Ability to easily run email and SMS campaigns alongside each other.
- Has 300+ pre-built integrations including Shopify, Google Ads, Facebook and more.
- Gather crucial information about your customers e.g., return purchase rate (RPR).
- Provides both predictive and analytical data as a tool for ongoing improvement.
- Helps to grow your customer base, nurture your leads and ultimately drive sales.
- It also gives you access to lots of important metrics like predicted lifetime value, expected date of next order and unsubscribe rate (which aren’t available on Mailchimp either!)
How do the two work together?
If you are using one but not the other, or are completely new to both, you may be wondering why you should invest in them. The simple answer is that Shopify and Klaviyo work together as a unified marketing tool that combines your website to really push traffic, increase brand awareness and drive revenue. Klaviyo outshines Shopify’s own email marketing feature (Shopify Email) as it allows you to create professional, branded emails that engage with your audience. You can also integrate Shopify with Klaviyo to give you important data about your customers, so you can use it to learn, segment data and launch successful campaigns. The results speak for themselves, with more than 10,000 Shopify stores having made the switch to Klaviyo. The results have been equally as impressive with an average uplift of 46% increase in total email revenue.
Cloud Seller Pro are Shopify and Klaviyo partners
Our agency specialises in building custom Shopify and Shopify Plus websites that are designed with the entire ecommerce marketing ecosystem in mind. Unlike traditional web development agencies or single-service marketing specialists, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver end-to-end ecommerce growth. Our experience and knowledge in this area is recognised by our numerous partner statuses, which include both Shopify and Klaviyo. These statuses demonstrate our commitment to staying up to date with all the latest training, certifications and learning – so you don’t have to!
Additionally, when you work with us, you also get access to Shopify and Klaviyo customer support, which allows us to quickly ensure seamless website performance. Our specialist team can also design and develop brand-new websites on Shopify and Shopify Plus so whether you are looking to replatform or set up a website, we can be at hand to get you going.
If you would like to speak to our team about any of the topics covered in our blog, or would like to arrange a website audit simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form on our website.